Need More Info? Click Here
Open Jobs atVidir
We're looking forward to hearing from you!
For Career Questions, please Contact Us at HR@vidir.com
The Senior Automation Specialist is responsible for designing, developing, and testing solutions for industrial machines and systems, directing and participating in desigining activities, programming (code development), monitoring, and evaluating system performance, as well as designing and implementing new programs and features.
Vidir Solutions Inc., Elevating Careers and Community
If you’re looking for a chance to foster a deep sense of purpose in your work and the opportunity to elevate as a leader both in your career and in your community, exciting possibilities are waiting for you with Vidir.
Working at Vidir is about more than just being an employee; it’s about being part of a growing family making a positive impact both globally and in your community.
Our mission is to “Make the world’s products safely accessible”. We continue to innovate, implement best practices and adopt new technologies in all areas.
For our Arborg Engineering Team we are seeking a Senior Automation Specialist
The Senior Automation Specialist is responsible for designing, developing, and testing solutions for industrial machines and systems. The main duties and responsibilities of this position includes directing and participating in designing activities, programming (code development), monitoring, and evaluating system performance; as well as designing and implementing new programs and features. Responsibilities include:
· Prepare functional descriptions of process controls and sequence of operations, including collecting and documenting user’s requirements
· Development and support of PLC and HMI programs for use on industrial equipment.
· Integration of specialized hardware and software into manufacturing systems to enhance automation and control with an emphasis on efficiency.
· Commission and troubleshoot robotic applications, troubleshooting of process problems and complete quality improvements as required to maintain part standards of quality.
· Assist customers and/or co-workers with electrical/programming issues; assist in the training of staff on electronic equipment.
· Responsible to keep proper documentation of changes to the programs, maintains and upgrades PLC software.
· Analyses, records and charts documentation required for maintenance records and projects.
· Services, maintains, repairs, installs and tests new or existing equipment and verifies conformance to specifications.
· Maintain safety standards of equipment and work area and perform all duties in a safe manner in accordance with the safety policies.
· Responsible for completion of necessary paperwork including work orders/timesheets/log board entries/line book revisions as required in a timely manner.
· PLC/HMI/SCADA programming, including testing, start-up and commissioning onsite
· Provides telephone support as necessary
· Provides remote access support to sites that have been commissioned
· Computers, networking equipment setup and configuration
· Control philosophy development, conceptual design, automation planning
· Develop logical and physical specifications
· Participate in conceptions and analysis
· Perform changes in on-going applications development
· Train client’s personnel on systems and operations
· Must be able to create and read logic and flow diagrams for program design, programming, simulation and testing, and start-up.
· Produce wiring diagrams, assembly diagrams and layout drawings used in manufacturing.
· Oversee wiring of electrical panels and PLCs.
· Testing of program and equipment functions.
· Play an active role in the testing of equipment prior to shipment.
· Deploy new products and participate on installations.
· Build and integrate automated systems that run devices and networks, especially in regards to database.
The successful candidate must have at least five to ten years of Senior experience in a similar role. The ideal candidate should have experience from PLC programming, as a PLC Programmer, Controls Engineer, PLC Controls. The successful candidate will also have a University degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or another related field. In addition, the following competencies are required.
· Hands-on programming experience using relevant code languages.
· Experience using relevant tool suites.
· Experience managing the software development lifecycle.
· The ability to prioritize activities and deliver projects on time and within budget.
· Excellent coding skills.
· Extensive knowledge of agile methodologies.
· Strong team building skills.
· Written and oral communication skills
Working at Vidir:
Vidir offers a competitive salary and benefits package; as well as incentives and promotes a culture of recognition. We support professional growth, development and success!
Please submit your resume, outlining your experience and qualifications to email@example.com
Explore our company and products at www.storevertical.com
Find out about the Vidir experience in the videos above.
Follow us on Facebook @VidirSolutions to stay up to date on what is happening at Vidir.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.