Vidir’s patented Hollow Core Carousel is the ideal solution for storing, organizing, and accessing printing cylinders. Designed specifically for the needs of the printing and converting industry, this vertical carousel is built to effectively integrate within a busy printing production environment. The Hollow Core Carousel features a cantilevered design that reduces tooling changeover times allowing printing sleeves to slide in and out of the carousel quickly and efficiently.
Increases Available Storage:
The Hollow Core Carousel increases your on-site storage capacity by utilizing overhead space for storing printing cylinders and tooling. Featuring built to specification flexibility, this automated storage system provides extreme fit and space utilization to ensure that the cubic foot is being fully utilized.
Increase Health and Safety
Automated storage systems eliminate wasteful and potentially harmful steps for stocking and retrieving valuable print cylinders. The vertical carousel accomplishes this by implementing the product to operator principle which delivers the printing sleeves to the operator at an ergonomically acceptable height reducing unnecessary bending, walking, lifting, and pushing which will reduce work related injuries as well as protect valuable inventory. Alternative vertical storage such as static cantilevered racking requires the operator to product principle for retrieval which, in vertical storage, is hazardous to the employee, dangerous for the product, and very time consuming.
Vidir’s Hollow Core Carousel increases production and organizational efficiencies through the almost negligible product tooling changeovers and the potential for real time inventory tracking. The Hollow Core Carousel features carousel automation allowing the operator to call out product and the ability to implement inventory management software that will provide real time data.
- Controls: Auto-retrieval w/manual jog function
- Overall Capacity: 13,000 lbs. | 5,896 kg chain rating
- Carrier Capacity: 300 lbs. | 136 kg
- Off-Balance: 23% off-balance load capacity
- Retrieval Speed: 25’ | 7600mm per minute
- Electrical: 208/230V, 15 Amp, 60 Hz, 3 Phase or 460V, 10 Amp, 60 Hz, 3 Phase (other electrical available upon request)
- Corrugated Exterior Paneling
- Variable Frequency Drive
- Safety Light Curtains
- Obstruction detection sensor
- Standard Colors: (Other Colors Available Upon Request)
- Panels, Structure: White
- Carriers: Grey
- cCSAus Mark
- Seismic Certification available upon request
- 1 Year Manufacturer’s Warranty
- Nominal Speed
Every Hollow Core Carousel manufactured at Vidir is custom built to ensure a perfect fit in every application regardless of how unique it may be. This guarantees the highest possible storage density regardless of unique applications. Please contact Vidir for additional information.
Options & Accessories
- Vidir Inventory Software: Inventory management software for tracking and calling out product within the carousel.
- Pick-to-lite System: lights up retrieval position within bank of carousels for a quick visual aiding retrieval
- Preventative Maintenance Packages: An annual inspection program designed to extend the life of the Hollow Core Carousel